Monday, April 23, 2012

Oral Communication

Oral communication skills are a must and learning how to use them when put in certain situations where you may not feel comfortable with the environment you’re in is even more of a must. This is where my listening skills come into play as well. I have participated in peer reviews and many interactive discussions with my classmates. In doing so, I’ve learned how to act and communicate when and if put in an awkward type of situation.

Not only have I learned communication and listening skills with my classmates, but also how to stand when talking to someone. Believe it or not, posture does make a difference when communicating with somebody. A person’s posture can give the other person a wrong impression. A person can think you’re lazy, bored, or not really listening to what they have to say.

When placed in a group discussion, one should always include everyone in their group discussion. Group discussions allow you to interact with more than one person. Listening skills are very important to have when places with other people in a group. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has different topics that interest them more. I have learned to accept people's thoughts and ways of how they feel about a particular topic in our discussion.

Oral communcation skills have helped out the ones who used to be really shy coming in to English 112. These skills have taught them to come out of their shell and speak in ways they never thought they could. Learning all these useful techniques have made it easier for me when presenting a project or paper in one of my classes.

I now feel more comfortable interacting with my peers. I will take every skill I have learned in English 112 and use out in the real world. Oral communication skills are a must when dealing with professional people and businesses. You should always enjoy yourself when speaking to an audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment