Saturday, April 28, 2012

Critical Reading, Thinking, and Writing (Writing Process)

English 112 has helped bring about many new forms of writing process. In Professor Brandon's class, we covered critical reading, thinking, and writing. We read over some articles and biographies and answered questions. We also wrote back to an audience answering a question Professor had assigned us.

The processes I have learned in this class have been more than just "the writing process." The writing process can be forms of many. Being able to analyze an article is the part of the reading process. Sometimes I go to read an article or a chapter, and I don't quite understand what the author is getting at. This class helped me better my analization skills.

Professor Brandon always made sure we brianstormed and outlined before writing. He was never strict about the paper's "togetherness" or how well the paper was written which made it easier for me to write and ot stress about the paper. Outlining and brainstorming are the two most important things a writer needs to do before beginning his or her paper.

Proofreading is an important step beforfe submitting any type of work in. I have found and will continue to find mistakes in my writing, just like any professional writer. In the beginning of the semester, Professor B had us write down what needs to happen in order for us to be able to write. Quiet environment? Loud, crazy music playing in the background?

In English 112, we weren't really judged or received criticism on our writing assignments. I wish that we did do a little more group work with our writing or classwork. I always want to improve my writing because sometimes I feel like I ramble on and on about little things that it won't get the point across to my reader. In the end, the writing process is a process I will always use when writing papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment